Tuesday, August 4, 2026

painted lady cafe

inside the Painted Lady Café
we sip coffee while a man nearby
devours a stack of pancakes

outside the sky is a Miami blue
on this August late morning
before we continue our journey

we leave a tip for the waitress
on the green marble table
to enjoy these last summer days
 

6 comments:

  1. I would love to drink coffee at the Painted Lady Café, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to write the same thing Kim wrote! And I also like that the reader is sort of plopped down in the middle of this story--like a scene in a novel about a road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't leave just yet ~~~ I'm close by and would love to join you at the Painted Lady Cafe. I hear their pancakes are best in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can picture the Painted Lady Cafe' It would be a nice place to pen a poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you used the prompt to describe the cafe, sounds perfect to me! 🩵

    ReplyDelete