Monday, October 5, 2026

in her pocket

she carries words in her pockets
to lift her spirits when fading sun
sours her mood

when she wishes to write poems
to the moon and stars

sometimes she needs to wipe away
fallen tears

she squeezes those words in her
hands and smile




7 comments:

  1. Sad and lovely. Wonderful ending ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful poem, Arcadia! I esp liked the ending stanza, "she squeezes those words in her
    hands and smile" such a nice ending! 💛

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing can be the best way to feel - whether happy or sad - I like how you end with a smile - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good if someone can find a way to take away some sadness--a pocketful of words could do it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the imagery of squeezing words in a pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poems to the moon and stars. YES.
    Sigh. Beautiful.

    De

    ReplyDelete