Monday, October 10, 2016

Clouds in San Diego

I went to San Diego hoping
to feel the sun on my skin
but only found clouds following
me everywhere I went
and it wasn’t until from my
window I watched the plane  
climb over those stubborn clouds 
that I saw the sun again

 - Written for dVerse Quadrille #18 "Cloud".  This poem was inspired by a trip I took to San Diego, California a few years ago.  I heard many people speak of "sunny" California, however, the sun decided to take a holiday while I was there.  Although I found San Diego area very lovely, it would have been more lovely if the sun would have made an appearance.

16 comments:

  1. I like this, sunshine above and beyond clouds in a very literal sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there a few months ago and find that the sun rose close to midday and that early morning is generally dreary and grey. Love that view of the sun from the plane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sun can not be guaranteed... but one can hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing getting in a plane above the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo Bjorn's thoughts. One can only hope for a sunny day. :) I do hope you have a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although the sun is sneaky, your quadrille has a sunny lightness about it, as if buoyed up on a gentle cloud. Sometimes you have to take your clouds with you to understand what they are and why they follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sun is always shining but we can't always see it.Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is always there whether we see it or not. Another time we need faith, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh those clouds! You should have hopped over those mountains to "my" desert where the sun tends to rule.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate. We went to Cancun once expecting warmth in December but did not find it until we went inland for a day. You should have headed inland where the clouds are fewer than in San Diego by the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Over the clouds you found the sun :)---disappointing when there is no sun in a place like California--but now you have a poem!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beyond the clouds lies the sun, it is disappointing when you take a trip and have those cloudy days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes, we need to go above the clouds to see the sun and your actual experience brought home that truth. :-)

    ~Imelda

    ReplyDelete