Monday, June 4, 2018

cobblestone streets of Old San Juan


along cobblestone streets I walked
where my ancestors once strolled
in this tropical paradise
it was here I came to find
my Latina heritage and reclaim
an identity I felt estranged from
but honestly it was already within
it just needed a little nudging

- Written for dVerse Quadrille #58 - cobble us a poem where we are asked to write a quadrille poem (44 words exactly) using the word or a form of the word "cobble".  Come join in on the fun.


Photo by Ramiro Collazo on Unsplash


11 comments:

  1. Good for you to acknowledge and reclaim that ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. We often need a little nudging, don't we? Lovely writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of walking the cobblestone streets to nudge one's heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem! Loved the last two lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going back and walking the streets revives many nostalgic memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would like to walk those streets...glad you followed the nudging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all need to find our way back to familiar streets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful discovery along cobblestone streets.

    ReplyDelete