Thursday, May 31, 2018

I wanted to write a love poem


I wanted to write a love poem
filled with words that could
spark imagination and passion
but how can one write such words
when they’re slowly dying inside?

I wanted to write a love poem
that would make you fall deeply
in love with my sensual sentences
but how can I accomplish this
if you never look my way or
know how I truly feel?

I wanted to write a love poem
that doesn’t end in sadness
like all the others I wrote
I tried my best with this poem
but I’m afraid I have failed again-
this poem ends in sadness as well



8 comments:

  1. you didn't fail no words can express true love. but you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No failure! I enjoyed your honest love poem. I like the contrasts in each stanza, especially:
    'spark imagination and passion
    ...
    when they’re slowly dying inside'
    and
    I wanted to write a love poem
    that doesn’t end in sadness
    ...
    this poem ends in sadness as well'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is besutifully deep and emotive 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to write such words when they are dying inside, but the words you write do describe that situation beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this. You succeeded in writing a poignant poem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is steeped in sadness...sometimes honesty in writing can be cathartic ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find so much about love is hopeless... so many times it's a matter of not listening.

    ReplyDelete