Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Two poems for the day:

This first poem I wrote last year in Kyrelle poetic form:

"none of them compared to you"

There was a time I chased the sun
tasted silver stars on my tongue
had torrid affairs with the moon
but none of them compared to you

I danced with the trees just for fun
the ocean's beauty had me stunned
mountaintops played a lovely tune
but none of them compared to you



This second poem I did a bit of experimenting with repeating lines, similar to a madrigal poem but not actually a madrigal poem:


“The temptation I couldn’t resist”

you were the temptation I couldn’t resist
despite the omens, I still wanted your kiss
and now my soul is shrouded in sin

it was a mistake to let you in
my heart – leading me to a bloody end
what do I wish for now? where do I begin?
I wish what I know now, I knew back then.

you were the temptation I couldn’t resist
it was a huge mistake to let you in
despite the signs, I still wanted your kiss
leading my heart to a bloody end
my soul is now is shrouded in sin
what do I wish for?  where do I begin?
what I know now, I wish I knew back then


No comments:

Post a Comment