Friday, September 2, 2016

love in seasons

"The Four Seasons" by George Hodan
Courtesy of all-free-download.com

"love in seasons"

in spring
flowers blossomed
the first time you kissed me
under the summer sun
I fell in love
with you
autumn
brought shorter days
so I cherished that time
for you left in winter
turning my heart
ice cold

- I decided to a little bit of experimentation.  I wrote this as a Cyclus poem, which is a shape poem.  You can find more information about this poetry form here.


10 comments:

  1. Sad and eloquent. Great writing form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with the form, but like the cycles here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this one pulls directly at the heart ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the form you used, like 2 interacting parts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sad that winter meant for the heart to turn icy cold ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring all is sunny and in winter all is sad. Interesting take on the seasons.

    ReplyDelete