Thursday, September 7, 2017

crush

a crush?
I’m too old for that
well that is what
I tell myself
I’m too old
to have such dreams
and butterflies
in my tummy
I’m too wise
beyond my years
to have tingling
sensations come
across my skin
wherever I hear
or see your name
no, I’m too old
for this feeling
I already know
how this will end
another scar
another disappointment
another what if to add
to my collection box
but here I am
with this sensation
overwhelming me
covering my head
like high ocean waves
and I cannot stop
myself or this feeling
overtaking this heart
I thought long dead
a crush?
I’m too old for this 
aren't I?


13 comments:

  1. Oh my. What a lovely sensual poem yet so very wistful. And no, we're never too young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No..never too old if you are young at heart and believe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do need those crushes, and maybe this time there will no wound,

    ReplyDelete
  4. "another disappointment
    "another what if to add
    to my collection box" A perfect description of the human condition. Just loved it! A question remains: if we learn from every mistake and not repeat them, do we remain human?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps we are never too old for such experiences.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this poem, especially how you used the word "tummy." It goes well with the thought, "I'm too old for this, aren't I?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never too old for desire, hope and love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never, never, never, never too old to be 19 again. Love is too essential to stop trying. Love this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never too old for a crush.....you just can't bottle the feeling. Damn the risks... you only live once! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are never too old and if you find it again, TAKE IT! (Sorry I got excited, I'm old too.)

    ReplyDelete